GPF Crypto Stick
The GPF Crypto Stick is a USB stick in a small form factor containing an integrated OpenPGP smart card to allow easy and high-secure encryption e.g. of e-mail or for authentication in network environments. As opposed to ordinary software solutions, private keys are always inside the Crypto Stick so that their exposure is impossible. All cryptographic operations (precisely: decryption and signature because of public key cryptography) are executed on the PIN-protected Crypto Stick. In case the Crypto Stick was stolen, got lost, or is used on a virus-contaminated computer (e.g. Trojan horse) no attacker is able to access the private keys so that all encrypted data stays secure.
The Crypto Stick is developed as a non-profit open source project and ensures a very high level of security due to verifiability and an attractive price. The open interface of the used OpenPGP smart card allows optimal compatibility with various software applications (e.g. GnuPG, Mozilla Thunderbird + Enigmail, OpenSSH, Linux PAM, OpenVPN, Mozilla Firefox).
In its current version the Crypto Stick does not contain ordinary data storage. Instead the development version 2 will contain data storage (see section development).
The Crypto Stick is available for purchase in our Online Shop.
- All features of the new OpenPGP Card version 2
- Three independent RSA keys (signature, encryption, authentication) with a length of up to 3072 bit
- Keys can be generated on the stick itself or already existing keys can be imported. Afterwards the private keys can never leave the Crypto Stick to protect against Trojan horses, viruses, and in case of theft or loss.
- Compatible to GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- High security, due to the usage of a smart card based on a Common Criteria 5-high certificated one
- LED light to signalize activity
- Small and handy form factor